Create a complete tape catalogue to speed up finding the right
archived back-up tapes
- Do you have large numbers of archived back-up tapes whose contents are incorrectly catalogued or unknown?
- Do you struggle to lay hands on the right archived or legacy back-up tapes when you need data urgently?
- Are you worried about the implications of not being able to find the right data when you need it?
✔ What if you could complete your tape catalogues
in advance of a crisis?
✔ What if you could minimise the time required to
identify the right archived back-up tapes?
✔ What if you could substantially reduce the risk of
fines and damage to your company’s reputation?
IT departments have enough to manage without
worrying about accessing archived data from a variety
of different tape formats. But when you need data
back from your archive, from email trails for legal
investigations to financial records for audit purposes,
you need to be able to lay hands on the information
As companies grow and staff move around, maintaining
one tape catalogue which tells you exactly what data is
where can be challenging. Businesses which have grown
by acquisition may acquire large numbers of tapes
that have never been catalogued, or have not been
catalogued in line with existing requirements.
So when you have to restore data, as well as having to
use legacy back-up systems to read tapes, you face the
added challenge of having to restore many more tapes
than you really need to in order to find where the data
you need is stored.
By using Iron Mountain’s Tape Identification service, you
can get straight to restoring only the tapes you need.
Features At A Glance
- A service which quickly identifies server type and
date of back-up on media
- Full physical inventory of tape types and any
hand-written label information created
- Complete catalogue delivered in catalogue
format, .csv file or Access database according to
- File-level indexing available if required
- Email custodian mapping available if required
- Tapes which are part of a series sequenced and
- Unreadable or corrupted tapes separated out for
- Catalogue consolidation available through our
Tape Catalogue Manager service
- Full services to restore data back from tapes
Solutions And Capabilities
Whether your archive of back-up tapes is already partially catalogued or requires a full investigation, Iron
Mountain’s Tape Identification service lets you complete your overview of what is on all your archived back-up
We will scope your project with you, ascertain what level of detail you need about your tapes, help you prioritise
your cataloguing and deliver the results back to you in a format that suits you.
If you’d like support in creating one complete catalogue of your archived tapes, our online Tape Catalogue
Manager allows you to upload existing catalogue files and then add to them as your catalogue is completed
through Tape Identification projects.
To find out more about how Iron Mountain’s Tape Identification service can help you, contact us on 08445 60 70 80
or visit www.ironmountain.co.uk
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain is the global leader in information management. Over 85% of FTSE 100 companies and more than
140,000 organisations in 32 countries trust us to manage their information.
Our services help businesses optimise and protect their information – regardless of its format, location or lifecycle
stage – and ensure proper recovery and compliance. Industry-leading security levels protect against the risk of data
breaches and associated reputational damage.