Your Retention Schedule – Current, Consistent and Global
Do you struggle to keep up with the latest rules and regulations related to records retention? Do you lack expert guidance to govern both physical and electronic information?
applying retention rules
to your content infrastructure a challenge? Is
communicating changes in policies to end users
across your business a constant struggle?
You’re not alone. Information managers across
the globe face the same problems.
When you rely on manual, time-intensive
processes to research, update, and
communicate changes to policies, your records
retention schedule becomes quickly out of date
and you leave your organisation at risk of noncompliance.
Lacking the speed and scale to keep up with
changing requirements in all the countries where you operate is only exacerbated if you
undergo an acquisition, merger or divestiture.
What’s more, this leaves you struggling to
make progress on your path towards digital
transformation, as it’s difficult to know when
records can be destroyed.
How This Affects you
- Keeping records longer than required for legal, regulatory or business reasons
- Limited resources and expert guidance on how to build and curate your own legally defensible global retention schedule and keep it up to date
- Manual placement of the rules and regulations across your content infrastructure
- Inconsistent regulatory citation and change tracking documentation
- Limited or no ability to communicate policy changes to ‘information owners’ across the wider organisation
38% of firms dedicate at least one
whole day a week to analysing
regulatory changes. This rises to
59% for global financial firms.
Cost of Compliance 2015, Thomson Reuters
What If You Could...
- Work with an expert to develop or improve your records taxonomy and identify ways to shorten retention periods where applicable so you can stop retaining less useful information
- Have global visibility into the latest version of your retention schedule so you can control risk and communicate policy to keep your records compliant no matter where they are
- Systematically share retention schedules with your content infrastructure from the cloud through a standardised integration connector
- Synchronise your records management enabled systems to ensure that policy is being consistently applied to content regardless of format or location
- Centralise change management and version control through collaborative discussion threads with all stakeholders
IRON MOUNTAIN® GLOBAL RESEARCH SERVICE & POLICY
You can centralise policy application and eliminate periodic records
retention schedule refreshes through the following products and services
that comprise this solution:
You’ll receive expert guidance to help you create or revamp your records
retention schedule, improving your records taxonomy and structure.
You’ll work together to define your go-forward legal research requirements
based on where you operate and the level of granularity you require so
that you receive accurate information tailored to your specific needs.
IRON MOUNTAIN® GLOBAL RESEARCH SERVICE
The Global Research service is the industry’s first technology-enabled
records retention research solution offered in the cloud. Delivered as
a service, customers subscribe to specific areas of law within individual
jurisdictions to receive fully cited and summarised retention requirements
from a robust database of 30,000 requirements. These requirements are
researched, vetted and curated by legal experts within individual industries
and geographies and updated on an ongoing basis. You’ll receive accurate
legal research from an international law network representing 160 jurisdictions. The research will be delivered as an automated, centrally curated service directly to Policy Centre.
IRON MOUNTAIN® POLICY CENTRE
Through the secure Policy Centre portal,
you’ll be able to view a customised version
of any component of your retention schedule.
This feature gives information owners
and managers faster access to the key
information they are responsible for so
they can make quicker decisions on what
information they need to retain. You will also
be able to systematically update and connect
your retention schedules across your content
infrastructure through a standardised
integration connector. You can then uniformly
apply your policies and retention schedules
accordingly — giving your organisation a
legally defensible company-wide records
and information management policy.
What You Gain
- The ability to create and centrally manage enterprise, departmental, and jurisdictional retention schedules
- High-quality research from local law firms in 160 jurisdictions
- Electronically stored information (ESI) and data location mapping to enable faster decision making
- Advanced filtering and searching
- Expert guidance to create or update your records retention schedule customised to your needs
- Continuous maintenance updates delivered directly to you online
- Full audit trail, including role-based permission and security
- Personalised legal support from our virtual legal “Help Desk”