Restore The Data You Need From Archive Or Legacy Back-Up Tapes
Quickly And Easily
- Can you not afford to have staff spend time restoring data from old back-up tapes?
- Do you struggle to meet tight deadlines around restoring data from back-ups created in old systems?
- Is it hard to get archived data back to your stakeholders in a format they can use?
Features At A Glance
- Tape identification project stage to ensure the
correct back-ups are available
- Corrupt/degraded media separated from
- Relevant files and emails identified and restored
- Consolidation of email inboxes from different
- De-duplication of data available for simple
delivery to end user
- Phased output available if required
- Service can be scaled or repeated to meet
- Files delivered, encrypted, on USB or DVD
- Emails delivered as .pst or .nsf files with mailbox
custodians clearly identified
- Non-email files delivered in original format
- Faster turnaround and reduced rate card
available for ongoing or repeated projects
through our Restoration Assurance Programme
- Option to host tape identification information on
our Tape Catalogue Manager portal
✔ What if you never had to restore data or legacy
from archived media again?
✔ What if you had spare manpower so you could be
confident in meeting data restoration deadlines?
✔ What if you had expert support to provide your
internal customers with just the data they need?
While accessing data from current back-up media
using existing systems can be time-consuming enough,
restoring it from systems retired several years ago can
set your work schedules back significantly.
Iron Mountain’s Data Restoration service lets you
focus on the day-to-day business of running your IT
department without being distracted by urgent and
potentially complex data restoration projects.
Solutions And Capabilities
Whether it’s for an audit or a legal case, requests for data from archived back-up tapes usually come with
But getting the data back may not be straightforward. IT resources are already thinly stretched and sparing
resource to help with data restores means staff:
- finding the required tapes
- re-familiarising themselves with old back-up systems
- locating the relevant data and then...
- ...supplying it to the requestor in a simple format so that they can easily find what they need
Iron Mountain’s Data Restoration service means that, in future, when a request for data from archived back-ups
comes in, you can reach for expert support who will help you:
- scope the project
- manage deadlines
- deliver accurate, de-duplicated data back to your internal customers
We will separate out readable and unreadable tapes, and check top-line tape information so that we only spend
time restoring the data you need us to. Where emails are requested, we can even consolidate mailboxes and deduplicate
information so you can provide usable, clearly-labelled data back to your internal customers.
To find out more about how Iron Mountain’s Data Restoration service can help you, contact us on 08445 60 70 80 or
About Iron Mountain
Iron Mountain is the global leader in information management. Over 85% of FTSE 100 companies and more than
140,000 organisations in 32 countries trust us to manage their information.
Our services help businesses optimise and protect their information – regardless of its format, location or lifecycle
stage – and ensure proper recovery and compliance. Industry-leading security levels protect against the risk of data
breaches and associated reputational damage.
© 2014 Iron Mountain Incorporated. All rights reserved. Iron Mountain and the design of the mountain are
registered trademarks of Iron Mountain Incorporated in the U.S. and other countries. All other trademarks are
the property of their respective owners.