EMPOWERING OUR PEOPLE
Valuing inclusion and diversity
Iron Mountain is committed to intentionally creating and supporting an inclusive and diverse workforce. We see diversity as all the characteristics and experiences that define each of us as individuals. Diversity includes everything that makes us who we are – all the ways in which we are similar, and all the ways in which we are different. Diversity includes things like race, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and military experience.
Inclusion happens when you value both the differences and the commonalities of others. One of our core values is to promote inclusion and teamwork throughout all the various parts of our company. This means we look for and value each other’s unique ideas and perspectives to get better results through these commitments:
- Treating others with fairness, respect and empathy – always
- Bringing together multiple skills and experiences to make important decisions or solve problems
- Being curious and asking questions to broaden our perspective
- Respecting different cultures—and work with global and regional teams to deliver local results
- Building teams, at all levels, which reflect the communities we work in
- Creating a safe and welcoming workplace
- Ensuring diversity when recruiting, developing and promoting team members
Our inclusion & diversity strategy includes four critical focus areas:
- Build a more inclusive culture
- Increase workforce diversity at all levels
- Establish a global mindset
- Embed accountability
Learn more about what
inclusion & diversity mean at iron mountain
Received recognition from 2020 Women on Boards for increasing the percentage of women on our company board to 27%
One of the 11 founding members of the Veterans Jobs Mission
Our employees are active in the communities in which we serve by participating in Wreaths Across America, which is an annual effort to honor veterans by giving thanks to their service with the laying of wreaths on their graves. We also have partnered with the National World War II Museum as part of our Living Legacy Initiative, which is our company’s philanthropic commitment to help preserve and make accessible cultural and historical information and artifacts. The partnership supported the digitization and publication of oral histories in two permanent exhibits, “The Road to Tokyo” and the “Arsenal of Democracy,” so that the voices of the men and women who contributed in WWII will continue to be heard. The National WWII Museum has also provided learning opportunities to Iron Mountain employees both online and at the Museum.
- We partner with Interaction Associates to offer a Women in Leadership program focused on the specific needs and capabilities of women, providing the knowledge and support they need to succeed in their roles as Iron Mountain leaders. Nearly 100 women have graduated from this program since 2015.
- Our Women@IM Employee Resource Group has over 800 global members – men and women with a shared goal of promoting opportunities for women and advancing awareness about women’s impact at Iron Mountain
- Iron Mountain is a proud partner of Catalyst, the leading nonprofit organization with a mission to accelerate progress for women through workplace inclusion.
- We are a signer of the 100% Talent Compact, a pledge to commit to closing the gender wage gap. We are transparent in annually reporting pay equity between male and female employees at all levels in North America and the United Kingdom, with a goal to maintain +/- 10% pay equity.
Through our Employee Resource Groups we seek to create a safe, inclusive environment where all employees around the world feel connected, valued, inspired to build customer value and able to contribute to our company’s success. Our groups’ goals are designed to:
- Encourage dialogue about the impact of diversity on our business and our employees
- Build inclusive recruiting and on-boarding experiences
- Offer professional development opportunities
- Research and recommend programs and policies to support diversity
- Pursue activities in the workplace and community that promote Iron Mountain as a great place to work