BOSTON DATA CENTRE
Why Choose Our Boston Data Centre?
Whether you are consolidating, establishing a hybrid IT environment, or simply addressing data centre change, you can trust Iron Mountain. For specific colocation offering details, visit the Boston colocation page.
Proven Track Record
Since 1951, Iron Mountain has been the trusted guardian for more than 225,000 customers including 95% of the Fortune 1000. The world’s most heavily regulated organizations have trusted us with their data centres since the 1980s.
Reduce data centre risk by choosing colocation services from Iron Mountain in Boston. Receive comprehensive compliance support, federal-grade security, and the stability of an S&P 500 REIT with 1,400+ locations in 54 countries.
Streamline digital transformation with the most logical venue for hybrid IT – our Boston, New England data centre. Easily access cloud, telecom, and IT services providers. Plus, make remote management efficient with our software and smart hands.
Strategically located in the Metro west suburb of Northborough, you are safely removed from the congestion of downtown. The Boston data centre is just a short dark fiber ride to 1 Summer St. Boston MA for your carrier needs.
RESILIENT & RELIABLE
The Boston colocation facility is rated to withstand Category 4 hurricane winds and has a Seismic Importance Factor of 1.5. Enjoy peace of mind knowing you are in an Uptime Tier III Certified and concurrently maintainable facility.
SUSTAINABLE & EFFICIENT
Powered by 100% renewable energy and New England’s only LEED Gold Multi-Tenant colo facility, BOS-1 offers an energy efficient and cost-effective solution for customers resulting in lower PUE, minimized waste and reduced TCO.
TRUSTED BY 225,000+ CUSTOMERS INCLUDING 95% OF THE FORTUNE 1000
CUSTOMER CASE STUDY
CUSTOMER / INDUSTRY
Goldman Sachs - Banking / Financial Services
Hyperscale Ready facility, Modular Data Centre
Scalability, Sustainability, Fast Time-to-Market
Identify a data centre solution that allowed Goldman Sachs to scale rapidly to meet increasing market demand while supporting its commitment to sustainability and security of customer assets. Provider must be able to meet aggressive delivery timelines to ensure proper time-to-market.
Goldman Sachs chose an Iron Mountain modular data centre as the ideal solution to its data centre initiative. This delivered data centre PUE near 1.1, which reduced waste and addressed the sustainability requirement. The MOD also provided a self-contained environment for added security and scalability.
IN THEIR WORDS
“We are pleased to partner with Iron Mountain and believe their strategy provides sustainable enhancements to our data centre operations. Their innovative technology and services will allow Goldman Sachs to scale its data centre operations more efficiently, and further advance the firm’s broader commitment to environmental stewardship and reduced carbon footprint.”
~GLOBAL CO-COO TECH DIVISION
Services Offered at our Boston, New England Data Centre
Boston Data Centre | Additional Information
- 58-Acre Iron Mountain-Owned Campus
- New, Purpose-Built to Enterprise Standards
- Efficient Expansion: Ability to add Additional 1.2 MW/10.000 Sq. Ft. Data Halls in 6 Months
- Scalable Delivery of Turnkey Data Centre Space
- Official Uptime Tier III Certified Design and Construction
- 2N Electrical Systems (A/B paths - cabinet through generator)
- N+1 Mechanical and Cooling
- 36-Inch Raised Flooring
- High-Density Ready (up to 20 kW per cabinet/rack)
- Custom Hot/Cold Aisle Containment Solutions Available
- 225,000+ Customers, 95% of Fortune 1000
- Carrier and Cloud-Neutral Data Centre
- On-Site Tier 1, Local Carriers: Level 3, CenturyLink & More
- Redundant Dark Fiber Access to 100+ Networks at 1 Summer
- Low-Latency Performance to New England, NYC, & Philadelphia Markets
- Data Centre Marketplace Access - Cloud, IT Services, Partners
- Meet-Me Room/Interconnection Services
- Safe, Convenient & Staff-Friendly Location in Metro West Boston / New England
- High Span of Control Over Neighborhood, Local Community
- 24x7x365 Iron Mountain Security Officers
- Mantraps, Tailgating Prevention
- 24x7x365 CCTV Monitoring
- 3-Factor Access Control: Biometric, Key Card, PIN
- Ballistic Sheathing and Bulletproof Glass for Security
- Receiving within Full View of Security
- Thorough Background Checks on All Employees/Partners
- Concurrently Maintainable Systems
- 2N Generators
- 2N UPS
- N+1 Cooling & Mechanical
- 24x7x365 NOC Monitoring, Iron Mountain Staff
- Mitigated DR Risk: Withstand Cat 4 Hurricane, EF3 Tornado
- Mitigated DR Risk: Earthquake - 1.5 Seismic Importance Factor
- Mitigated DR Risk: Outside 100 & 500-Year Floodplains
- Diverse Dark Fiber Paths, Points of Entry
- Powered by 100% Renewable Energy
- Boston's only LEED Gold Multi-Tenant Data Centre
- Air-Side Economization with Integrated, Synchronized Controls
- Waterless Cooling Saves Millions of Gallons Annually
- Low PUE for Reduced Energy Cost
- High-Efficiency Variable Frequency Drives
- LED Lighting
- Metered Power Pricing Encourages Responsible Energy Use
- ISO 27001
- FISMA High
- PCI-DSS Level 1
- SOC 2 Type II
- SOC 3
- ISO 50001