LONDON DATA CENTRE
WHY CHOOSE OUR LONDON DATA CENTRe?
Whether you are consolidating, establishing a hybrid IT environment, or simply addressing data centre change, you can trust Iron Mountain. For specific colocation offering details, visit the London colocation page.
Proven Track Record
Since 1951, Iron Mountain has been the trusted guardian for more than 225,000 customers including 95% of the Fortune 1000. The world’s most heavily regulated organizations have trusted us with their data centres since the 1980’s.
Reduce data centre risk by choosing colocation services from Iron Mountain in Slough, UK. Receive comprehensive compliance support, federal-grade security, and the stability of an S&P 500 REIT with 1,400+ locations in 54 countries.
Streamline digital transformation with the most logical venue for hybrid IT – our London data centre. Easily access cloud, telecom, and IT services providers. Plus, make remote management efficient with our software and smart hands.
STRATEGIC EDGE LOCATION
Strategically located in the Slough Trading Estate, LON-1 is a 183,000 SF colocation facility on Iron Mountain's 5.5-acre London data centre campus. Enjoy close proximity to one of Europe's largest network ecosystems.
RELIABLE & SECURE
LON-1 was originally built as a production data centre hub for one of the largest banking organizations in the world. Today, all customers benefit from this commitment to reliability, security, and efficiency.
Data Centre as a Service
Stop making long-term bets on limiting in-house data centres. Instead, get data centre capacity like your cloud services – as you need it. Choose from cabinets, cages, suites, MOD’s, and wholesale solutions.
TRUSTED BY 225,000+ CUSTOMERS INCLUDING 95% OF THE FORTUNE 1000
CUSTOMER CASE STUDY
CUSTOMER / INDUSTRY
Goldman Sachs - Banking / Financial Services
Hyperscale Ready facility, Modular Data Centre
Scalability, Sustainability, Fast Time-to-Market
Identify a data centre solution that allowed Goldman Sachs to scale rapidly to meet increasing market demand while supporting its commitment to sustainability and security of customer assets. Provider must be able to meet aggressive delivery timelines to ensure proper time-to-market.
Goldman Sachs chose an Iron Mountain modular data centre as the ideal solution to its data centre initiative. This delivered data centre PUE near 1.1, which reduced waste and addressed the sustainability requirement. The MOD also provided a self-contained environment for added security and scalability.
IN THEIR WORDS
“We are pleased to partner with Iron Mountain and believe their strategy provides sustainable enhancements to our data centre operations. Their innovative technology and services will allow Goldman Sachs to scale its data centre operations more efficiently, and further advance the firm’s broader commitment to environmental stewardship and reduced carbon footprint.”
~GLOBAL CO-COO TECH DIVISION
Services Offered at Our London, UK Data Centre
LONDON DATA CENTRe | ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Located in the Slough Trading Estate in close proximity to one of Europe's top interconnection ecosystems
- 5.5-acre Iron Mountain Strategic Edge data centre campus
- 183,000 gross square feet
- 8.75 MW existing and expansion power capacity, three 15 MVA feeds
- Raised-floor with ability to add modular data centre/s on request
- HPC ready with high-density racks, MOD’s
- 2N, N+1 infrastructure configurations available
- Low design PUE for reduced waste, OPEX
- Carrier-neutral access to 200+ network providers*
- Cloud-neutral access to 275+ cloud and IT services providers*
- Access to cloud/carrier exchanges like MegaPort*
- Customer ecosystem includes global banking
- On-site Iron Mountain employees include UK General Manager, International Operations personnel
- Diverse group of vetted IT services providers for migration, managed infrastructure, managed applications and more
- Redundant Meet-Me Rooms
- Iron Mountain serves 225,000+ customers worldwide including 95% of the Fortune 1000
*Accessed via dark fiber connection to regional carrier hotel less than five minutes away. Build-out underway.
- On-site security officers
- Secure, gated campus entry with access controls
- Mantraps, tailgating prevention
- 24x7x365 CCTV monitoring
- 3-factor access controls: biometric, key card, PIN
- Ballistic sheathing and bulletproof glass for security
- Thorough background checks on all employees/partners
- Built to the exacting standards of a large, global financial services providers
- 2N, N+1 infrastructure configurations available
- Concurrently maintainable systems
- 24x7x365 NOC monitoring of data centre environmentals
- Resilient facility withstands inclement weather, winds
- Mitigated DR risk: outside 100 & 500-year floodplains
- Redundant meet-me-rooms
- Diverse dark fiber paths, points of entry
- Design PUE of 1.4 with as low as 1.2 with MOD's
- Iron Mountain data centres are powered by 100% renewable energy
- EPA Top 10 Tech and Telecom Green Power Partner
- Metered power pricing encourages responsible energy use
- Renewable energy credits / carbon credit support
- US DoE Better Buildings Challenge Participant
- Signatory to the Renewable Energy Buyers Principals, Cloud and Colocation Buyers Principals
- Multiple investments in U.S. wind farms, solar
- ISO 27001
- ISO 50001
- PCI-DSS Level 1
- SOC 2 Type II
- SOC 3