N. VIRGINIA DATA CENTRE
Why Choose Our N. Virginia Data Centre?
Whether you are consolidating, establishing a hybrid IT environment, or simply addressing data centre change, you can trust Iron Mountain. For specific colocation offering details, visit the N. Virginia colocation page.
Proven Track Record
Since 1951, Iron Mountain has been the trusted guardian for more than 225,000 customers including 95% of the Fortune 1000. The world’s most heavily regulated organizations have trusted us with their data centres since the 1980s.
Reduce data centre risk by choosing colocation services from Iron Mountain in Manassas, Virginia. Receive comprehensive compliance support, federal-grade security, and the stability of an S&P 500 REIT with 1,400+ locations in 54 countries.
Streamline digital transformation with the most logical venue for hybrid IT – our Virginia data centre. Easily access cloud, telecom, and IT services providers. Plus, make remote management efficient with our software and smart hands.
Located outside of Washington, D.C., our Virginia colocation facility is situated in the heart of the world’s largest & fastest-growing data centre market offering low latency and easy access to network/peering interconnection sites in Ashburn & Reston.
Our Virginia data centre campus offers reduced taxes and lower powers costs when compared to Ashburn data centres. Reduce additional operating expenses, potentially saving millions, by choosing a wholesale data centre.
SECURITY & SCALABILITY
Perimeter offsets address privacy requirements of government and law enforcement agencies. VA-1, the first of four planned buildings, offers up to 165,000 SF and 10.5 MWs of power with a minimum of 915,000 SF and 60 MWs planned campus wide.
TRUSTED BY 225,000+ CUSTOMERS INCLUDING 95% OF THE FORTUNE 1000
CUSTOMER CASE STUDY
CUSTOMER / INDUSTRY
Goldman Sachs - Banking / Financial Services
Hyperscale Ready facility, Modular Data Centre
Scalability, Sustainability, Fast Time-to-Market
Identify a data centre solution that allowed Goldman Sachs to scale rapidly to meet increasing market demand while supporting its commitment to sustainability and security of customer assets. Provider must be able to meet aggressive delivery timelines to ensure proper time-to-market.
Goldman Sachs chose an Iron Mountain modular data centre as the ideal solution to its data centre initiative. This delivered data centre PUE near 1.1, which reduced waste and addressed the sustainability requirement. The MOD also provided a self-contained environment for added security and scalability.
IN THEIR WORDS
“We are pleased to partner with Iron Mountain and believe their strategy provides sustainable enhancements to our data centre operations. Their innovative technology and services will allow Goldman Sachs to scale its data centre operations more efficiently, and further advance the firm’s broader commitment to environmental stewardship and reduced carbon footprint.”
~GLOBAL CO-COO TECH DIVISION
Services Offered at our Manassas, Virginia Data Centre
Virginia Data Centre | Additional Information
- 83-Acre Iron Mountain-Owned Campus
- New, Purpose-Built to Enterprise & Federal Standards
- Plan Calls for 4 Data Centres, 915,000 SF and 60 MW
- Scalable Delivery of Turnkey Data Centre Space
- Uptime Tier III Certified Design and Construction
- Concurrently Maintainable Systems
- N+1 Generators, UPS and Cooling
- 36-Inch Raised Flooring
- High-Density Ready (up to 20 kW per cabinet/rack)
- Custom Hot/Cold Aisle Containment Solutions Available
- Located in the Heart of the Largest Data Centre Market in the World
- 225,000+ Customers, 95% of the Fortune 1000
- Carrier/Cloud-Neutral Data Centre
- On-Site Tier 1, Local Carriers: Level 3, Zayo, Verizon & More
- Redundant Dark Fiber Access to Data Centres in Ashburn VA, DC2 Ecosystem
- Low-Latency Performance to Regional Metro Markets
- Data Centre Marketplace Access - Cloud, IT Services, Partners
- Redundant Meet-Me Rooms, Interconnection Services
- Safe, Convenient & Staff-Friendly Location in Manassas, VA
- On-Site, Fully Vetted Iron Mountain Security Officers
- Perimeter Offsets Meet Intelligence and Law Enforcement Standard
- Perimeter Fencing, Secure Access Road with Manned Security Station
- 24x7x365 CCTV Monitoring of Campus, Parking and Facility Interior
- 3-Factor Access Control: Biometric, Key Card, PIN
- Mantraps, Tailgating Prevention
- Ballistic Sheathing and Bulletproof Glass for Security
- Receiving within Full View of Security
- Thorough Background Checks on All Employees/Partners
- Powered by 100% Renewable Energy*
- Uptime Tier III Certified Design and Construction for Documented Reliability
- Concurrently Maintainable Systems
- N+1 Generators, UPS, Cooling & Mechanical
- NOC Monitoring, On-Site Iron Mountain Staff/Offices
- Underground, Redundant Power Feeds from Dominion Substation Across the Street
- Diverse Dark Fiber Paths, Points of Entry
- Built Featuring New, Highly Efficient Data Centre Infrastructure
- Water-Side Economization
- Low PUE for Reduced Energy Cost, DCOI Compliance
- High-Efficiency Variable Frequency Drives
- LED Lighting
- Metered Power Pricing Encourages Responsible Energy Use
- FISMA High, DCOI, EO 13693
- ISO 27001
- PCI-DSS Level 1
- SOC 2 Type II
- SOC 3
- ISO 50001