IT ASSET RECYCLING & DISPOSITION
Choose a secure, responsible and compliant solution.
New ways of working give your business the competitive advantage. But what will you do about those lingering old IT assets? There’s more to disposing of your aging laptops, mobiles, servers and other equipment than meets the eye. Not only is there a threat that your data could be recovered and your business compromised—you’re also legally obligated to meet the European WEEE Directive, as well as governmental and organisational environmental protection mandates.
You need to dispose of your old IT equipment safely, responsibly and compliantly. And, you must be able to prove that you’ve done so. If you don’t, the risks to your business and the fines you accrue may run into the millions—and that pile in your office could keep getting taller.
We partner with certified recyclers who safely, ethically and responsibly recycle IT assets
What Makes Iron Mountain’s Secure IT Asset Disposition Different
- Secure Chain-of-Custody: Track assets as they are processed through each secure checkpoint up to the final processing and receive an auditable certificate of destruction.
- National & Global Footprint: With 3,500 trucks in the US and a global reach operating in dozens of countries across five continents we support your needs at scale
- Environmental Sustainability: Feel secure knowing that as an e-Stewards Enterprise we work with e-Stewards or R2 certified partner organisations that follow the strictest environmental and data privacy guidelines
- Protect Your Brand: Protecting critical information for decades, information management is all we do. Iron Mountain is trusted by 95% of the Fortune 1000
Customer Success Story
A Top Health-Tech Company Fast Tracks Data Centre Decommissioning While Ensuring Data Security and Environmental Sustainability
The Challenge To Dispose
Up against an immovable eight-week deadline, the customer had to securely dispose of data-bearing, on-premise legacy servers and migrate operations to a private cloud, hosted from a new data centre in the U.S.
The Ability To Focus
Freed from dismantling and wiping old hardware, the health-tech company’s IT team can turn their attention to data migration, system shutdowns, and other priorities; ensuring the company relinquished the property and met its legal commitments to the new owners on time.
- 600+ servers decommissioned
- 8-week aggressive timeline met
- 100% inactive drives securely destroyed
- Full certification and compliance auditability
Your Secure ITAD Program
Standardising your ITAD Program Just Got Easier
- Be Confident with Online Portal Access – easy access to place an order, have complete visibility for all sites and equipment, and view reporting
- Be a Leader with World Class Logistics and Processing – secure trackable Iron Mountain fleet with patented systems and processes support best-in-class disposition
- Enjoy Consistency Across All Sites – maintain consistency with operations, processing, reporting, and a point of contact
- Rest Easy with Pre-Approved Rates –understand costs in advance with pre approved rates
Mobile Onsite Destruction
Ideal for organisations requiring immediate or witnessed on-premises destruction of confidential materials
- Ultra-secure: Materials are transported to a specially equipped mobile shredding vehicle parked onsite, where you can watch the entire destruction process from the truck’s onboard closed-circuit television system.
- State-of-the-art: Mobile destruction vehicles are outfitted with precision destruction equipment and comprehensive security controls.
- Verifiable: A certificate of destruction is issued that proves your materials have been thoroughly destroyed
- Sustainable: Shredded materials are recycled in a secure, environmentally-friendly manner.
Secure IT Asset Disposition Services
IT Asset Remarketing
Maximise the value of retired IT assets through refurbishment, data sanitisation, and reselling at market price
Reduce total cost of ownership while fully maintaining security and sustainability requirements
Assets are demanufactured into commodity categories
Adhere to the strictest guidelines including a no-overseas and no-landfill policy
Media Destruction – Bulk or Serialised
Flexible destruction option include onsite or offsite capabilities
Data bearing media and hard drives